Happy MahaShivratri! I know how most of us must have got up early today, visited the temples and offered their prayers to God Shiva and even might be on fast since morning. Even I did so.
Yesterday, I made a deal with my mom that only if we make sabudana khichdi (A famous and favorite fasting food of Maharashtra) and some more of fasting food, only then I’ll join her for fasting.
So today at around 10 am, I decided to try to make it myself and went live on my facebook while cooking it. I was very nervous and scared as it was the first time that I ever recorded such video but I somehow got through it. So if you watched the video, there I told you all that I will make sure to upload a recipe post here on the blog too, so here it is.
Recipe type: Fasting food
Cuisine : Maharashtrian / Indian
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Ingredients you will need are:
- 250 gm – Sabudana
- 50 gm – Groundnuts
- 2 – green chillies
- 4 – Potatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp – Cumin seeds
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 3 tbsp – oil
- Half lime
- Wash sabudana with some water and drain all the water and keep it overnight. You can soak it 2-4 hours before cooking it too.
- Grind the groundnuts and one green chilli into a course powder.
- In a bowl, mix the soaked sabudana, groundnuts and green chilli powder and some salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan/wok and add the cumin seeds, let them pop. Then add diced potatoes and fry them till they turn golden, sprinkle some salt later.
- Once the patotoes turn golden in color, add the mixture of sabudana and stir and mix it gently.
- Keep the gas on simmer for around ten minutes and keep the lid on. Let it cook and then check for the softness in sabudana. If cooked, it turns super soft.
- Add sugar just before turning off the flames and stir well.
- Squeeze the juice of half lime and serve hot.
Hope you will try this recipe, don’t forget to let me know if you did.
For the live video click here.
Har har mahadev!