I love fresh seafood. Specially, the Maharashtrian and the Manglorian style of seafood. The blend of spices coated on fried fish or the curry cooked in coconut cream, it tastes like heaven. But sometimes, I like to keep it simple with the seasoning and other over powering flavors.Today I tried cooking without using any garam masala or the chilli heat and it turned out pretty great. The classic rustic style of cooking especially with flavors is now on the top of my list.
Recipe type: starters
Cuisine : Rustic style
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 4 nos – Fresh Fish fillets ( I used Rawas)
- 1 tbsp – Butter
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Lemon/Lime juice to squeeze on cooked fillets.
How to cook
- Season your fish fillets with salt & pepper.
- Heat the pan, grease it with butter and once hot, put the flames on medium. Don’t let the butter burn or turn brown.
- Now keeping the skin of the fish downwards, lay the fillets on the pan. Give 3-4 mins on each the sides, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Once cooked from both the sides, transfer it to the plate and generously squeeze the lemon/lime juice on them.
- Enjoy the freshest fish cooked so simply with some onion rings and any sauce of your choice. I would recommend with the hot green chutney.
Hope you like this simple recipe. Let me know you try it. Do share it with your friends and family!
Connect with me on Social media friends. Would love to hear from you there too.
Do check the last blog here.
Check out the DIY blogs here.
Check out the Food blogs here.