Sandwiches are so easy to make. No.1 for those who don’t know to cook or are too hungry to cook the entire meal. It’s so convenient to make and carry it for the lunch or picnics or for long travel. Less messy and way too tasty and healthy. I tried this chicken sandwich the Bombaiiya way. Everything just like we make our Bombay sandwiches but with a little twist in the chutney and super spicy fried chicken. Let’s make some now.
Recipe type: Starters
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Ingredients you need:
- 6 – slices of Bread, toasted
- 1 – Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 – Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 – Onion, sliced
- 1 – Capsicum, sliced into rings
- Butter for bread spread.
- 2 – Chicken Breasts, sliced horizontally
- 1 tbsp – Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp – Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp – Chicken masala
- 1 cup – bread crumbs
- 1 – Egg, whisked
- Oil for pan frying
- Salt to taste
For the Chutney Spread:
- 1 cup – Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup – Mint leaves
- 2 – Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp – Mayonnaise
- Fresh Lime juice
- Salt to taste
How to make
- Fillet the chicken breast into 2/3 each. Mix the spices well into the chicken. Marinate it for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut all the vegetables and keep them ready.
- Grind the coriander, mint leaves and green chillies into a fine paste. Transfer it into a small bowl and add mayonnaise, salt, lime juice and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Grease the pan and heat it on high flames. Dip the marinated chicken fillets in the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs and once the pan is smoking hot, lay them on the it. Keep the flames on medium and let it cook for 4-6 mins on each side. Once cooked let it cool down.
- Spread the butter on the slices of bread and then the Chutney-Mayo. Place the sliced vegetables on one of the slices and then the chicken on it. Then cover the other slice of bread on it and cut it into half or as you want.
- The sandwich is ready to go!
Try making it yourself guys!!! I really hope you like it because I loved it!
Thanks for reading today’s recipe.
Connect with me on Social media friends. Would love to hear from you there too.
Check out the DIY blogs here.
Check out the Food blogs here.