Republic Day is nearing and there is a day off of the busy and hectic week. Well a odd holiday, a dry day but a day you cannot just waste being a sleepy head in the bed till noon with a phone in your hand!!! You can definitely make it a meaningful, interesting and a fun day. Get up, plan it beforehand!!
- Watch Rajpath parade: So what if you cannot attend it, you can watch it live on door darshan. It’s okay to watch door darshana once in a while. Get up early and catch up with the parade. Listen to the Prime Minister’s speech.
- Be a part: Take a part in the parade. Check where it is organized. Mostly the locals or the schools or even in the colonies, they celebrate and hoist the flag.
- Watch Movies : Wake the patriot inside you up by watching patriotic movies like Haqeeqat, border, Gandhi, legend of bhagat singh etc.
- Speak only Hindi: Speak Shudh Hindi for a day, say maybe in a respect to our national language. Learn new words which we may not be using everyday. Ask your friends to do the same and let your entire group have conversations in Shudh Hindi Ji!
- National Anthem: If you’re at home or at your workplace, make sure you sing National Anthem. Remember how during our school days we sang it every single day for years! We can remember it even someone wakes us up in the middle of the night and asks us to sing it. Do that, it always makes me feel so happy.
- Make Art: Involve yourself, friends or family in creating some art. Try creative DIYs off of Pinterest. Something you can show off later on the social media maybe?! (Wink)
- Remembering our Freedom Fighters: Visit any of them if you know where they live, listen to their stories, experience that era. Or pay a visit to Ambedkar chaitya bhumi in Dadar or Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum in Gamdevi to get the feels.
- Visit Forts: Forget the fancy-touristy heritage walks around south Mumbai, hike the forts built by the great kings and queens of India. Know the history behind it, make sure to take care of it, adore it. They were built during the struggle and many battles were won there.
- Read History: Read history to others, who don’t know the importance of Republic Day and why we celebrate it. Read it to your young ones.
- Listen to Indian Music: Great reason to play Indian classical music over international and modern ones. Search for Indian artist and try out their pieces. Decide which ones are your favorite.
- Lend a helping hand: Help the less fortunate ones with some comfort, food and kindness. Help the senior citizens to be part of this day. Help the kids to learn more about our country’s history and glory. Plant more trees and help environment.
Happy Republic day in advance guys! Hope you will make the most out of this day.
Thank-you for reading this blog. Do let me know about your plans in the comments below.
Do check the last blog here.
Check out the DIY blogs here.
Check out the Food blogs here.
Check out the Travel blogs here.
Dhanyawad! Aate rahiye!